What we do
Building Bridges for Rural LGBTQ Communities across Northern AZ
At GYCC, building a strong LGBTQ Community is important to us
What we do:
Support and Education: For the LGBTQ Community and Allies through sponsored events, training programs and resources.
Funding: Through our non-profit foundation, fund raising opportunities, grants and donations.
Safe Places: For people to gather and share ideas to create a strong LGBTQ Community.
Connect & Network: To provide resources, connect services, offer training and provide inclusive faith connections.
Advocate: By minimizing gaps and disparities and supporting equal rights and representation for all people.
GYCC hosts monthly Coalition meetings to bring the LGBTQ+ community and allies together.
GYCC provides resources and referral information for all types of needs, including: healthcare, housing, food, employment, events, connections and much, much more!
GYCC provides a range of community education and training for professionals, including: LGBTQ+ education, specialized topics in LGBTQ+ in a range of fields, and suicide prevention just to name a few.
GYCC hosts signature events each year and supports events and happenings in the community at large.
GYCC hosts a Faith Bridge Program that builds bridges with churches to provide more inclusive spaces for fellowship and the NAZGEM program meant to support Transgender and gender non-conforming people across the Southwest.
- Provide support and education for the LGBTQ and Allied Community in our Rural Areas through sponsored events, programs and resources.
- Provide funding through our non-profit foundation, fundraising opportunities, grants and donations.
- Host safe spaces for people to gather and share ideas with people that understand and share similar goals for the LGBTQ community.
- Invite speakers and organizations that work to advance the goal for equality and inclusion at the local, state, and federal levels in policy, practices, healthcare, the law, education and faith.
- Connect networks of LGBTQ people in Yavapai County in order to provide resources, connect services, specialized training and provide inclusive faith opportunities to the LGBTQ community and its allies.
- Build Faith Bridges to connect Inclusive Faith Organizations and our Community and provide training and support for those seeking to be more inclusive.
SUPPORT OUR PROGRAMS
Your contribution will help to support GYCC’s Mission to provide Emergency Resources, Housing, Food, Shelter and Suicide Prevention Training to Yavapai County’s LGBTQ+ and underserved populations.